Three postdoctoral positions are available at CRCL - INSERM Unit 1052 in the research teams of Dr David Durantel (PhD), Pr Massimo Levrero (MD, PhD), and Pr Fabien Zoulim (MD, PhD) to work on the pathobiology of hepatitis B and hepatitis Delta.
These positions are open within the frame of two research programs funded by the French Ministry of Research (“Quantification of circulating viral RNAs as a new biomarker of Hepatitis B functional cure”) and by the National Agency for Research against AIDS and Hepatitis (ANRS) and an industrial partner (“Drug discovery program on Hepatitis B/D viral co-infections”).
The candidates will address the following key questions in experimental models of Hepatitis B and/or D infection/co-infection (hepatocytes cell cultures, mouse models and clinical samples):
- Comprehensive molecular characterization of viral RNA containing viral and subviral particles;
- Analyses of intrahepatic viral markers, cccDNA levels and transcriptional activity, and integrated viral sequences in correlation with circulating viral RNAs;
- Interplay between HDV and innate immunity pathways.
The post-doctoral candidates should be proficient in molecular and cellular virology and/or RNA biology. Experience in primary hepatocytes culture would be welcome. Good knowledge of of spoken and written English is required.
The postdoctoral positions are opened for 2 to 4 years in Lyon, France.
Candidates should submit their application (CV and 2 letters of recommendation) to Bernadette Vaz, project manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent publications by the host laboratories:
Lire la suite
- Diab A, Foca A, Fusil F, Lahlali T, Jalaguier P, Amirache F, N'Guyen L, Isorce N, Cosset FL, Zoulim F, Andrisani O, Durantel D. Polo-like-kinase 1 is a proviral host factor for hepatitis B virus replication. Hepatology. 2017 Dec;66(6):1750-1765.
- Guerrieri F, Belloni L, D'Andrea D, Pediconi N, Le Pera L, Testoni B, Scisciani C, Floriot O, Zoulim F, Tramontano A, Levrero M. Genome-wide identification of direct HBx genomic targets. BMC Genomics. 2017 Feb 17;18(1):184.
- Fisicaro P, Barili V, Montanini B, Acerbi G, Ferracin M, Guerrieri F, Salerno D, Boni C, Massari M, Cavallo MC, Grossi G, Giuberti T, Lampertico P, Missale G, Levrero M, Ottonello S, Ferrari C. Targeting mitochondrial dysfunction can restore antiviral activity of exhausted HBV-specific CD8 T cells in chronic hepatitis B. Nat Med. 2017 Mar;23(3):327-336.
- Lebossé F, Testoni B, Fresquet J, Facchetti F, Galmozzi E, Fournier M, Hervieu V, Berthillon P, Berby F, Bordes I, Durantel D, Levrero M, Lampertico P, Zoulim F. Intrahepatic innate immune response pathways are downregulated in untreated chronic hepatitis B patients. J Hepatol. 2016 Dec 30.
- Testoni B, Durantel D, Lebossé F, Fresquet J, Helle F, Negro F, Donato MF, Levrero M, Zoulim F. Ribavirin restores IFNα responsiveness in HCV-infected livers by epigenetic remodelling at interferon stimulated genes. Gut. 2016 Apr;65(4):672-82.
- Zeisel MB, Lucifora J, Mason WS, Sureau C, Beck J, Levrero M, Kann M, Knolle PA, Benkirane M, Durantel D, Michel ML, Autran B, Cosset FL, Strick-Marchand H, Trépo C, Kao JH, Carrat F, Lacombe K, Schinazi RF, Barré-Sinoussi F, Delfraissy JF, Zoulim F. Towards an HBV cure: state-of-the-art and unresolved questions—report of the ANRS workshop on HBV cure. Gut. 2015 Aug;64(8):1314-26.