ECAM is a general engineering school based in Lyon, on Fourvière hill. It is ranked as the 1st private engineering school in France in the 2021 EDUNIVERSAL ranking.
4 engineering programs are offered in the school, among which 2 work/study training programs, as well as 2 Master’s degrees.
ECAM is looking for the Head of the general ENGINEERING program, which specific features are:
- A 5-year program taught entirely in English, with admission after baccalaureate
- Double degree with international partner universities
- Emphasis on learning through projects
The Head of Program’s main mission is to ensure the good and smooth functioning of this program, both academically and pedagogically. He or she is also the link between the students, the parents, the companies, the academic partners, the teachers and the ECAM Lyon manager.
He or she manages the Student Affairs Office.
Pedagogical supervision of the ENGINEERING program:
- Guarantee the courses offer, ensure its progress to best meet the students and companies’ expectations, be the driving force of the pedagogical innovation
- Lead the teaching community, bring together the team of teachers, give advice on appropriate teaching methods, ensure the coherence of courses
- Planning the courses in cooperation with the teaching departments, the other programs and the Management
- Take part in the development of new academic partnerships (in support of the DRI – International Relations Department)
Day-to-day functioning of the ENGINEERING program:
- Ensure the link with the students, the parents and the academic partners
- Coordinate the administrative and academic follow-up of the students: assessment boards, learning agreements, internships, oral defences…
- Identify the needs for temporary teachers and recruit, or taking part in the recruitment of teachers in cooperation with the teaching departments
- Being able to teach a course in one’s area of expertise
- Organise the follow-up of internships with the companies and supervising students during their internships
Promoting and recruiting for the ENGINEERING program:
- Take part in the promotion of the different programs of ECAM (and of the Engineering program in particular) and to the recruitment of the engineering students
- Decide on the admission criteria, select the candidates based on application files, take part in the candidates’ interviews, participate in the final selection board
- Engineer training or Master’s Degree in educational management, Pedagogic theory, science education
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a teacher
- Bilingual French/English, ideally native English speaker
- Autonomy and force of persuasion
- Taste for teamwork, listening skills and open-mindedness
- Knowledge of essential principles of pedagogy and ability to formalise and lead a training project
- Adaptability, being at ease when facing unexpected events and multiple requests
40-47 k€ depending on profile
Vacancy to fill as soon as possible, CDI - permanent contract
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The position will remain open until it is filled.