The UOC is an innovative university that is rooted in Catalonia and open to the world. Its mission is to provide lifelong learning, helping people and society to advance.
The UOC's strategic plan is to be a university that, as part of the worldwide network of universities, drives the creation of a global knowledge space and conducts cutting-edge research in the knowledge society.
The UOC has its own unique model of education, which is innovative, student-centred, and provides quality training that can be customized to students' individual needs, boosting their competitiveness and contributing to the progress of society.
The person selected will join the teaching staff in the Department of Personality and Psychological Assessment and Therapy, part of the UOC's Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences.
UOC faculty promote and direct distance learning in their fields of expertise. Particular attention must be given to the preparation of programmes of study, course contents and teaching materials, as well as the supervision and coordination of students' learning processes. Faculty members are also responsible for driving innovation, especially in terms of the methods and techniques used in distance learning and the research activities in their fields of expertise.
The Universitat Oberta de Catalunya's Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences is currently working on developing new proposals for postgraduate studies and on consolidating the quality of teaching on its bachelor's degrees. We are looking for candidates who will contribute to these objectives, specifically in the Department of Personality and Psychological Assessment and Therapy. Candidates should be able to accredit university-level teaching experience in the psychology of personality and individual differences, in psychological assessment, and in adult healthcare.
The candidate may be required to teach in both bachelor's degree and master's degree programmes and to contribute to the development and deployment of the new programmes. For this reason, versatility within the field will be a plus. In effect, with our new programmes we are seeking to integrate different theoretical positions from the field of psychology. Particular importance will be given to training and professional experience in the field of personality and psychological assessment and treatments, applying an integrative approach and an open attitude towards different theoretical positions within psychology.
The successful candidate will be awarded an open-ended, full-time contract. Scheduled start date: October 2018.
The place of work will be the UOC's 22@ centre, Rambla del Poblenou 156, Barcelona.
- PhD in Psychology, specializing in personality and psychological assessment and therapy.
- University teaching experience in the psychology of personality and individual differences, as well as courses in clinical psychology and/or psychopathology.
- Excellent level of Catalan and Spanish.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- High level of initiative, and ability to work in innovative environments.
- A continuous improvement approach.
Also of interest:
- Teaching and research merits in the field of interest.
- Research periods.
- Accreditations from the AQU Catalunya or ANECA quality agencies.
- Training and professional experience in psychology applying an integrative approach and an open attitude towards different theoretical positions within psychology.
- Experience in teaching methodology: course design, planning and development of teaching activities, design of teaching materials and assessment instruments, and knowledge and experience of distance education, particularly in this field of knowledge.
To take part in the selection process, please email your CV and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org, with 'PRAPETRA' as the subject.
Deadline for applications:
The deadline for application submissions is 16 September 2018.
Lire la suite