The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) offers unique opportunities to study the burden, causes and prevention of cancer worldwide. IARC specializes in the integration of laboratory and population-based sciences and in coordinating and conducting multi-center studies.
The Office of the Director at IARC provides support to the Director in the management of the Agency and its research activities. The Agency’s primary objectives are to identify the causes of cancer and to increase prospects for cancer prevention through numerous research approaches involving analytical studies, laboratory research and evaluations of previous research carried out worldwide. The Agency also has an active role in promoting scientific collaboration as well as in education and training in line with its strategic goals.
The Agency is recruiting an experienced professional to foster and promote scientific collaboration, both with internal and external partners:
Programme Officer (scientific collaboration)
The key duties of the incumbent are as follows:
1) Act as focal point for the oversight of the IARC Director’s programmatic initiatives and activities by liaising with relevant stakeholders both within and external to the Agency.
2) Gather, analyse and consolidate the necessary information to then draft briefings on issues specified by the Director.
3) Conceptualize and formulate high-level documents and presentations for the Director to be used for reporting to the IARC Scientific Council and Governing Council, and for other purposes, including for presenting/communicating to internal and external stakeholders.
4) Coordinate and collate information on key performance indicators (KPIs) of the Agency’s programmatic activities and evaluate relevant KPIs in close interaction with relevant Section and Group Heads.
5) Act as focal point for the development, monitoring and evaluation of the Agency’s Medium-Term Strategy.
6) Support the work of the Senior Leadership Team as part of its secretariat.
7) Oversee the work of the IARC Ethics Officer and its staff.
Full details on this position and the link to submit online applications can be accessed via the requisition notice (REQ-1903440) published on the IARC Internet site at: https://www.iarc.fr/professional-staff/
Only applications submitted via our online recruitment tool accessible from the requisition notice published on our Internet site will be considered.
It is mandatory to attach a full list of publications. To add this list, please go to your profile under the “publication” tab.
Deadline for submitting applications: 23 October 2019
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for assessment and interview.
IARC salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The fixed remuneration for the above position comprises an annual net salary plus a post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station.
Total fixed remuneration for this position currently amounts to USD 83242 per annum which is the sum of: 1) annual net salary of USD 60233 at Level P3/Step I of the UN professional salary scale, plus 2) post adjustment for Lyon, France currently amounting to an annualized figure of USD 23009.
The fixed remuneration is expressed net of income tax but before deduction of the employee share contributions for mandatory participation in the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund and in the Organization’s private insurance plans covering health, accident, illness and disability.
Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave and allowances for dependent family members. Employment status is that of international civil servant.
Subject to certain conditions, internationally recruited staff may also be entitled to relocation travel & shipment, settling-in grant upon appointment, home leave and/or education grant for dependent children.
More information about the remuneration and benefit package applicable at WHO/IARC can be found at the following link: http://www.who.int/careers/en/Apprenez-en davantage
|Intitulé||Programme Officer (scientific collaboration)|
|Employer||International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC)|
|Job location||150 Cours Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon|
|Publié||octobre 3, 2019|
|Date limite d'inscription||octobre 23, 2019|
|Types d'emploi||Chercheur,   Autre  |
|Domaines de recherche :||Recherche en cancérologie,   Épidémiologie,   Sciences de la santé,   Politique de santé,   Santé publique  |