Localisation: IMT Business School
Courcouronnes, 9 Rue Charles Fourier, 91000 Évry, FRANCE (near Paris)
Entity/Service: Institut Mines-Télécom Business School / Department Law, Economics and Finances (DEFI)
Position of supervisor: Head of Department Law, Economics and Finances (DEFI)
Contract type Permanent contract
1.1 IMT Presentation
Institut Mines-Télécom is a public institution dedicated to higher education and research for innovation in the fields of engineering and digital technology. Always tuned in to the economic world, it combines high academic and scientific legitimacy with a concrete presence alongside companies and a unique focus on the major transformations of the 21st century: digital technologies, the environment and energy, industry and education. Its training and research for innovation are conducted in the Mines and Télécom Graduate Schools under the supervision of the Minister for Industry and Electronic Communications, in two subsidiaries and in institutions that are associate partners or under contract. Institut Mines-Télécom is a founding member of the Industry of the Future Alliance. It has two Carnot labels for the quality of its research partnerships. Every year, around seventy startup companies leave its incubators.
1.2 School Presentation
The Business School of the IMT-Institut Mines-Telecom, France's leading group of engineering schools, Institut Mines-Télécom Business School is a public and socially inclusive school that trains responsible, innovative managers and entrepreneurs who are open to the world, in order to guide companies through the transitions at the heart of tomorrow's society, with strong expertise in digital technology. It shares its campus with the engineering grande école Télécom SudParis, which is also a member of the ITM. The school has 1,500 students, is ranked each year among the best French and European business schools, and is AACSB and AMBA accredited. The school offers courses ranging from post-Bac (Bachelor's degree) to Executive Education with the Grande Ecole Programme, which awards a Bac+5 (Master's degree).
2. MISSIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Within the framework of the school's values, mission and strategy:
- Participate in the design, coordination and implementation of teaching in its discipline (Accounting and Management control), in French and English, in initial and continuing education.
- Conducting research activities in its discipline within the laboratory, common with Evry Val-d'Essonne University - UEVE, LITEM (EA 7363) (axis 1: "Numerics, Praxis and Responsibility" and axis 2: "Innovation, Markets and Organisations").
- Leading, promoting and contributing to the influence of the R&D activities and expertise of its team, in its field of expertise.
- Contributing to the life of the school and the deployment of its strategic plan
- Contributing to the school's notoriety
Design and Transmission of Education
- Participate in the school's training needs analysis
- Contribute to the training in both theoretical and experimental teaching in his or her discipline.
- Designing and delivering courses and other teaching activities in its discipline in Accounting and Management control, in French and in English, in initial and continuing education.
- Ensure that "learning objectives" and "learning goals" are defined and that the Assurances of Learning (AOL) are implemented according to the principles defined by the AACSB and integrate student evaluations and feedback.
- Contribute to the evolution of pedagogy, in particular methods and tools.
- Designing and correcting knowledge test topics, analyzing and correcting reports or master's dissertation
- Designing and supervising projects, monitoring and advising students on work placements in companies
- Participate in project and internship juries
Coordination of lessons learned
- Analyzing needs with the training and pedagogy directorate and designing programs to meet them
- Coordinate initial training (UV, courses, modules...) and continuing education (courses, seminars, study days...).
- Participate with domain coordinators to:
- Ensure consistency between teaching and training (UV - Module - Program)
- Work on the evolution of curricula and propose modifications or creations of teaching modules, majors or programs
- Propose or ensure the enrichment and renewal of the offer of continuing education courses
- Put in place and coordinate the appropriate team of teachers, making sure to respect the school's strategy in coherence with its accreditations.
- Participate in the recruitment of temporary staff, as part of the policy of upgrading the qualifications of the teaching staff of Institut Mines-Télécom Business School.
- Designing and producing course materials and pedagogical tools for the subjects taught.
Production and Animation
- To develop personal research and participate in collective research in Accounting and Management control (Digital Transformation, SD and CSR) in coherence with the missions of IMT-BS (Digital, Energy and Ecological, Economic and Industrial Transformation) and by being part of the laboratory, common with Evry Val-d'Essonne University - UEVE, LITEM (EA 7363) (axis 1 : "Digital, Praxis and Responsibility" and axis 2: "Innovation, Markets and Organisations")
- Publish articles referenced IMT-BS (rank A, B or C) and intellectual contributions (chapter of a collective research work, selective conference, research synthesis work, publishing of a research work, etc.).
- Organizing sessions/workshops in a selective conference
- Participate in thesis co-supervision
- Ensuring Visits Abroad
- Participate in internal projects related to research
- Participate in thesis juries
- Publishing collective research works/special journal issues
- Propose research papers or research notes
- Participate in internal projects related to research
- Participate in internal bodies (CIR, CR)
- Participate in the reception or hosting of Visiting
- Participate in the organization or organize national or international conferences
- To provide supervision for graduate and post-graduate management trainees
- To follow the scientific policy of the Institut Mines-Telecom and the school in the field of its competences and to participate in the definition of the scientific orientations of the school.
- To set up and participate in projects involving external partners from the Institut Mines-Télécom, the academic or business worlds, in particular in the context of projects structuring the Institut Mines-Télécom or national or European projects.
- To find and carry out partnership research contracts, particularly of the ANR or European type.
- Participate in existing research projects and propose research activities in emerging disciplines
Valorisation and influence
- Participate in research or expertise actions within the framework of partnerships (industrial, academic, institutional)
- Negotiate, develop and manage contracts, programs and research projects
- Contribute to the establishment and strengthening of scientific collaborations with the world of industry and research, in France and abroad.
- Promote its research activities at national and international level, including to the media and the public at large
Contribute to the life of the school, to the deployment of its strategic plan and to the development of its notoriety:
- Participate in admissions juries and student recruitment
- Participate in the major events in the life of the school (start of the school year, academic day, graduation ceremony, etc.) and in promotional activities (fairs, open days).
- Contribute to internal working groups and projects related to the deployment of the school's strategy
- Participate in relations with the school's stakeholders: companies, alumni, local authorities, IMT and its schools, partners of the Evry Campus
- Contributing to the deployment of the international strategy, particularly when travelling abroad
3. TRAINING AND SKILLS
- Ph.D. in Management Sciences
- Significant teaching and research experience in an academic or industrial laboratory
- Significant and recent publications in journals classified in management sciences at the national level (lists of HCERES, CNRS and FNEGE) and international level (list of ABS - Chartered Association of Business Schools). Of which at least 2 in peer-reviewed journals over the last 4 years.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Teaching experience in higher education
- Fluent in written and spoken English, writing articles and teaching in English and French
- Expertise in Accounting and Management control (Digital Transformation, SD and CSR)
- Common use of Python and statistical/econometric packages
- Good integration into the research community in France and abroad
- Knowledge of the scientific issues and laboratories of the discipline at the national and international level
- Ability to integrate sustainable development, CSR and ethical issues into teaching and research activities
- Knowledge of information and communication technologies
Advantageous skills, knowledge and experience:
- An international teaching or research experience
- Experiences or an interest in conducting and/or participating in innovative educational projects (multimedia cases, serious games, MOOC, etc.).
Abilities and skills:
- Pedagogical qualities
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to negotiate and coordinate national, European or international contracts with academic or industrial partners.
- Motivation to participate in the preparation of responses to calls for projects and R&D proposals
- Ability to abstract and synthesize
- Decision-making capacity
- Ability to work in "project mode" and to build and manage projects
- Sense of leadership and organization
- Writing skills
- Relational qualities
- Rigour, responsiveness and initiative spirit
4. OTHER INFORMATION AND HOW TO APPLY
Candidature Deadline: April 17, 2020
Mr. Philippe CASTELNAU email@example.com
To apply: Complete and detailed curriculum vitae,
Work note setting out the candidate's past activities in teaching (initial training and continuing education) and research: both types of activities must be described with the same concern for rigour and precision and must reflect the thinking that went in into them,
File or URL address to access the text of major publications, Names and email of two qualified persons
Complete application form to submit to:
Institut Mines-Télécom Business School
9 rue Charles Fourier
91000 EVRY – FRANCE
Information of the candidate on the processing of personal data: https://bit.ly/2TuyNFW