The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
In the context of the collaboration contract CREMLIN Plus, a European-Russian scientific and technical collaboration, you will join the Beam Dynamics group to work on lattice design and characterization for fourth generation light sources. As part of this collaboration, your work will focus on the design of the USSR ring, a 1.3 km diffraction limited storage ring based on the ESRF-EBS lattice design.
Your mission will be the following:
- Perform beam dynamics simulations to characterize the injection efficiency and lifetime performance of the USSR storage
- Propose and study solutions to reduce the horizontal emittance of the ESRF-EBS lattice down to 70pm and apply them to the USSR ring
- Address the feasibility of longitudinal on-axis injection using a fast stripline kicker for fourth generation light sources
- Participate in the commissioning of the ESRF-EBS ring and propose experimental studies to validate the above calculations on the ESRF-EBS storage ring
- PhD in Physics or related discipline obtained less than 3 years ago
- A strong background in accelerator physics, knowledge of lattice design codes (Accelerator toolbox, MADX) and practical experience on a running machine is expected
- Good programming skills (Python, Matlab, C++) would be an important asset
- Team work capability and good communication skills are essential
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc...).Apprenez-en davantage
|Intitulé||Post-doctoral position in the Beam Dynamics group|
|Employer||European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF)|
|Job location||71 avenue des Martyrs, 38000 Grenoble|
|Publié||mars 6, 2020|
|Date limite d'inscription||Non Spécifiée|
|Types d'emploi||Post doc  |
|Domaines de recherche :||Physique expérimentale,   Physique des particules,   Physiques des accélérateurs  |