Location: Duhok, Kurdistan Region
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posting Date: 27 May 2018
Expiry Date: Open until filled
AUK invites applications and nominations for Founding Dean of School of Nursing. The School will launch its operation from January 2019. AUK is a newly established public-private, not-for-profit, special status institution committed to advancing academic excellence, expanding liberal, professional, and scientific knowledge and preparing the next generation of leaders for the community. AUK envisions becoming the leading academic institution in the autonomous Kurdistan Region of Iraq and beyond through implementing pedagogical approaches that impact critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork and the lifelong learning skills required for success in contemporary society and workplaces. Through the nursing program AUK will offer, it will educate the new generation of global changemakers in health care delivery through rooted value of equity.
This position reports directly to the Provost of University.
AUK invites applications for position starting the beginning of spring 2019 in January.
- Create and implement new academic programs and curricula and build a strong foundation for the School of Nursing;
- Develop plans to accomplish the mission, goals and objectives of the School in line with the vision and mission of AUK;
- Engage effectively in developing the academic policies and procedures of the School;
- Provide dynamic leadership dedicated to excellence in program administration, research and teaching;
- Support the Recruitment Committee of AUK in selecting qualified candidates with the knowledge, skills, abilities and motivation to fulfil the needs of School;
- Prepare an annual budget plan that reflects the budgetary appropriation of School;
- Promote the visibility, breadth and impact of School on the community, in collaboration with AUK academic leaders and faculty;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the community, professionals, foundations and companies that support institutional growth;
- Enhance student learning outcomes in line with accreditation requirements;
- Establish long lasting ties with international accrediting entities associated with School;
- Enhance the research capacity at School by leading research initiatives and cultivating research opportunities;
- Serve on standing and ad hoc committees, advisory boards and recruitment committees;
- Attend local, regional, state, or national meetings where required or necessary for the School;
- Perform any appropriate tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Possess a Ph.D. degree from a reputable university in the field of medicine;
- Demonstrate ability and creativity in forecasting and addressing the educational needs of a changing nursing environment;
- Commit to strong and prudent financial leadership;
- The ability to exercise the intellectual leadership and the demonstrated skill to build a premier school;
- Instill a collaborative community and common academic vison among the faculty, staff and students within the School and University;
- A goal-driven approach to enhance the recognition of the school regionally and internationally;
- Familiarity with the policies and procedures of the international accreditation organizations related to the School;
- Experience with increasing enrollment at a university with a diverse student population;
- Excellent managerial skills, based on significant experience in administration and a thorough understanding of the structures and values of an academic environment;
- Strong communication skills to advocate for a school with internal and external stakeholders;
- Capability to utilize developing technologies in directing departmental education and research;
- Experience in a multicultural, diverse and inclusive setting;
- Have initiative and a willingness to innovate and demonstrate integrity of the highest caliber;
- Native or native level fluency in English.
The Recruitment Committee will review applications on a rolling basis and will continue accepting applications until an appointment is made. To assure full consideration, applications should be received as soon as possible and include:
- A cover letter
- A resume
- Three reference letters
References will not be contacted without prior authorization from the applicant. Applications and nominations should be sent electronically with the subject “Founding Dean of School of Nursing” to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Lire la suite