The Grenoble Quantum Engineering (GreQue) doctoral programme is supported by the European Union, via a COFUND Marie Slodowska Curie Action. It will provide the laureates with a double training involving fundamental research in top-level laboratories and strong industrial exposure through internships within our network of industrial partners.
GreQuE novel Doctoral Program will grant 25 PhD projects spread over 4 calls in 2017 and 2018. The PhD projects will be hosted in Grenoble research Institutes(see list below), and each student will benefit from a 2 to 6 months placement in a European company. 17 SMEs & large groups, and 2 Research and Development centers have committed to offer such placement to our students in accordance with their PhD project (see list below).
The deadline for the first call is 2017, April 10, 11:59 am (Paris time).
GreQuE Doctoral Program is expected to:
1. Train top level quantum researchers willing to turn quantum technologies in important economic and societal impacts,
2. Improve career opportunities at short and long-term scale by immersing the PhD candidates in the engineering culture,
The topics includes experimental and theoretical aspects of
- Superconductive Qbits,
- Computer science.
This project is under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) program. There are no nationality conditions but the candidates must fulfill the MSCA mobility conditions, which means that she/he must not have stayed more than 1 year in France during the last 3 years.
The salary is 1758 €/month before tax for 3 years.
How to apply
- You must have found a PhD project that will be supported and supervised by one (or more) researcher(s) based in one of the following laboratories : Institut Néel, INAC, LPMMC, LNCMI, LIG and Institut Fourier
- Download the PhD program application form
- With the help of your thesis supervisor, you must fill in this application form with all requested details
- You must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to inform us of your intention to apply to the PhD program. We will make sure your application matches the program requirements.
- Save as PDF each document: Application form / CV / exam results / diplomas....
- Merge all these PDFs into ONE single .PDF file
- Send by email this that final PDF file to email@example.com before 2017, April 10 11.59 am (Paris time).
- You must request (at least) two recommendation letters based on the template included at the end of the application form (section F). These letters must be sent by your referee himself/herself directly to firstname.lastname@example.org before 2017, April 10 11.59 am (Paris time).
- Selected students will receive a convocation for the interview and instructions to prepare their travel and stay in Grenoble. All travel/accommodation expenses will be covered by LANEF for 3 days/2 nights. This will provide enough time to each applicant to visit their hosting laboratory and to finalise their oral presentation together with their future thesis supervisor. Non-selected applicants will receive a short feedback report within 2 weeks.
Timing and selection procedure
- 2017, April 10, 11h59 - Paris time : deadline for the submission of applications. After verifying its eligibility, each application is submitted to 2 independent reviewers.
- 2017, May 3 : A Steering Committee session is held in order to select the applicants to be invited for an interview in Grenoble, on the basis of the reviewers reports
- 2017, June 8 and 9: Interviews are held in Grenoble, in front of the Steering Committee plus some invited specialists. Final results will be announced a few days later
- Final results will be announced a few days later. Applicants on the short list will have to give an answer within 2 weeks so that applicants on the reserve list can be contacted. Non-selected applicants will receive a report within 2 weeks.
You can download here the application form.
You can download here a flyer to post in your Institution.
Grenoble Research Institutes in Quantum Engineering:
Our industrial partners (contact email@example.com for more information):
- CEA - LETI : Nanoelectronics, Grenoble – France
- IMEC : Nanoelectronics, Louvain – Belgium
- 3D-Oxides : Nanofabrication, Saint-Genis-Pouilly – France
- Air Liquide Advanced Technologies : Cryogeny, Grenoble – France
- ATOS : Information Technology , Grenoble – France
- CryoConcept : Cryogeny, Paris – France
- IBM Research : Nanotechnology & Information Technology, Zürich – Switzerland
- ID Quantique : Quantum photonics, Geneva – Switzerland
- Infineon : Nanoelectronics, Villach – Austria
- ORSAY Physics : Nanofabrication, Marseille – France
- ProbaYes : Data science, Grenoble – France
- Single Quantum : Quantum photonics, Delft – Netherlands
- Soitec : Nanoelectronics, Grenoble – France
- STMicroelectronics : Nanoelectronics, Grenoble – France
- Teem Photonics : Quantum photonics, Grenoble – France
- Thales Research and Technology France : Nanoelectronics, Paris – France
- TOPTICA Photonics : Quantum photonics, Munich – Germany
- TNG Technology Consulting : Data science, Munich – Germany
- Zürich Instruments : Instrumentation, Zürich - Switzerland
The 2017 call of the PhD programmes is enlarged with three others funding possibilities which bear peculiarities. You must take note of them:
For any further assistance, please contact Mrs Feriel Kouiten at: firstname.lastname@example.org