→ Apply until 21/03/2017 23:59 CET
→ Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
→ Department GE25 - Movement and Sports Sciences
→ AAP temporary appointment - 85%
→ 1 position(s)
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research on the relation between biomechanics, musculoskeletal loading and efficiency of human locomotion.
- You will assist in making proposals for grants.
- You will assist in the provision of academic services in the Sport Science Laboratory – Jacques Rogge
- You will assist in teaching activities at the Bachelor’s or Master’s level in Physical Education and Movement Sciences.
- You will counsel Master’s students in their exercises, work placement and Master’s dissertation.
- You will counsel doctoral students.
- This part-time vacancy (85%) will in reality be made up to a 100% appointment by means specific to the department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a doctoral degree in Physical Education, Movement Sciences, Health Sciences or an equivalent degree. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You have already conducted research within the field of Biomechanics of Human Locomotion. You have scientific experience with biomechanical and metabolic aspect of assisting human locomotion, preferentially by means of exo-skeletons.
- You have distinguished yourself as a promising researcher in and eventually after your doctorate.
- You are profoundly interested in coaching students in the Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or Advanced Master’s programmes.
- You may present relevant scientific publications in (inter)national peer-reviewed academic journals that are widely disseminated.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a three-year appointment, which may be renewed once for three years at the most, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. The term of renewal begins immediately after the first term has expired. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a post-doctoral assistant at a university within the Flemish Community, you cannot apply for this position.
- Your appointment will start on 1 May 2017 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP5. More information is available on our website.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits can be found on our website (in Dutch).
Apply online via this application before last application date (see above). Make sure you upload the following documents:
- application letter
- cv, including an overview of your relevant scientific publications, and eventually a reference letter (merged into one file of maximum 5 MB)
- a transcript of the required degree
- for diplomas awarded outside the European Union: certificate of equivalence (NARIC) (if you already have it)
We do not accept applications that are sent by e-mail or applications that lack (one of) the above-mentioned documents.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Dirk De Clercq (dirk.declercq@UGent.be, +32 09/2646322).